Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"every view of a city"

Dieter Roth Reykjavik Slides: (31,035) Every View of a City

In love with Iceland's "housebuilding", German artist Dieter Roth (1930 - 1998) set out to photograph every building in Reykjavik, his home since 1957. The resulting 31,035 slides go on show in London's North Gallery. (The Telegraph)

[Images via Telegraph as well]

I love the colours in these slides and how the houses and cars appear miniature. Imagine the commitment it would take to document like Dieter Roth has done. I've always wanted to take a picture every day of the street scene in front of my house as the leaves slowly appear on the trees, shadowing the street. It's really lovely, I just always miss the transition and suddenly it's summer. Dieter Roth has given me fresh inspiration to actually attempt said experiment this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment