Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Is that it?"

"No, it's Is This It." Recently saw the Stroke's documentary on their European tour for Is This It entitled In Transit (youtube it). It's a bit meandering and patched together but is filled with so many hilariously intimate moments that I haven't seen from a band since Fall Out Boy's My Heart is the B-Side to my Tongue via grade 7. Watch In Transit and uncover the meaning in my somewhat cryptic post title!

On that note, no one does 'SS 2011' white-on-white better than Jules, Fab, Nikolai, Nick Valensi, and Albert Hammond Jr.. The Strokes do white up right in the sense they're not afraid of getting covered by a whole bunch of mud. I personally prefer whites that are somewhat worn in and un-precious and Fabrizio agrees: In NME magazine he's wearing a pair of used-to-be white converse that look like he hasn't taken them off his feet since Is This It came out in 2001. I'm really into it. NME suggested they buy him a new pair, which made me secretly have a little less respect for NME.

[ Screencaps by me from the Strokes' video for You Only Live Once ]

No comments:

Post a Comment