Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Weekend Morning Forever

[Coffee: simplyphoto.blogspot | David Shrigley | Comfy | Eternal Sunshine | Kurt Cobain: Last Days]

 

I hope you had a good Christmas! Mine was a relatively quiet family affair..we mixed things up a bit by having roasted root vegetables and mango sherbet. I'm excited about my gifts: gold plated headphones, tea accessories, graphic novels to name a few. Post Christmas I have this feeling of sedation caused by copious amounts of tea and coffee consumption, movie watching (Inception was the bomb), and sleeping till noon. Although the threat of actual school work is constantly looming in the back of my mind, I am fully aware that at some point I will have to face my guilt and get shtuff done. Till then, I'm going to blog about the reading I have time to do :)

 

Reading materials I plan to/have read this Winter Break:

Wow. After assembling this visual representation of my reading list, I've realized my choices are like a 3rd wave feminist how-to manual...but hey there's nothing wrong with that. I've read How Sassy Changed My Life and was super inspired- Sassy sounds like the sweetest magazine ever, but seeing as it folded more than 10 years ago, I'll just have to settle for Bust magazine, which was mentioned by Marisa Meltzer in How Sassy.... I've started Girl Power but unfortunately I think it's due  at the library very soon so I don't know if I'll be able to finish it. It's pretty good so far- it's not all about riot grrrl, but just about women's involvement in music. Finally, the tom of a graphic novel Locas is something I've been anticipating reading for a while, ever since I saw it in a book listing "most inflential graphic novels." I already feel more smarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment