Friday, December 24, 2010

Quasi Christmas

I'm just about ready for Christmas. I've made most of my gifts, made* (too many) cookies, drunk liters and liters of tea, and watched not a single Christmas movie. It hasn't been a "traditional" holiday season, but I've had a lot of fun. I thought I'd share this (sorta) Christmas playlist...meaning it has holiday references but not all positive and not all blatantly mentioned and beat over the head. Songs by Fleet Foxes, Jens Lekman, Sigur Ros, and PJ Harvey sound like Christmas music in that they are delicately dramatic ...they remind me of a winter landscape. Blink-182, Bob Rivers etc.. add a more facetious side to the playlist; lamenting all the Christmas cheer that they're not so much feeling. Anyhow, it has an interesting mix of stuff, meaning it may not be the ideal thing to play at your family get together on Christmas morning. Contrarily, Fleet Foxes, Jens Lekman etc. (see before) would actually be a refreshing break for your ears on Christmasif you're sick of all the "riding along with the song of a winter-y fairy land" bs.

Merry Christmas!

*Oh, and let's not forget the Eggnog pancakes I'm making tomorrow morning! Thanks again Joy the Baker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment