Thursday, December 9, 2010

Teenage

I rescued a couple discarded Blink-182* cds at the beginning of the month from Value Village..Take Off Your Pants and Jacket and The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show and have been listening to them nonstop. I was totally convinced that portable CD Walkmans were the way to go..until I was jamming out while walking home and the disk started to skip more than me!! (check out that figurative language yallzz). Don't fret, that's when my faith in the iPod was rekindled..my new Blink albums are now safely stored on iTunes.

The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show is a live album that incorporates pretty good live recordings with hilariously vulgar, crude, obscene teenage boy humor. Blink's in between song banter is so great...I was mildly offended when I first listened to it but then was throughly desensitized after the first couple songs that their profanities became terms of endearment. This cd filled me to the brim with gratitude for being a teenager; unapologetic sense of self and saying whatever you want.

Freaks n Geeks, Dazed and Confused, The Strokes, Paranoid Park...makes me wanna be forevaa young!

*I'm so not ashamed of early 2000 culture! This goes to show what you can find @ thrift stores that others don't want but you're over the moon about.

No comments:

Post a Comment