Friday, October 7, 2011

Ben Lee, Kathleen Hanna- 'i wish i was him'

[D, G, A Chords]

Well, it may sound stupid when I say it out loud 
Like I'm just jealous of his silver cloud 
He's crazy as hell, he drinks diet Coke 
He gets his NMEs sent by air not boat

I wish I was him 
He gets the girls at his feet 
With all his cool friends 
He gets his records for free 
I wish I was him 
He has no enemies 
I wish I was him

Well, he's got six different flannel shirts 
Airwalks not thongs 
He even understands the words to Pavement songs [yes!]
He's got his little fan club and his guitar toys 
He loves Smudge and the Beastie Boys

Originally performed by Ben Lee (ahh he's so small and Australian in the video!) I Wish I Was Him covered by Bikini Kill's Kathleen Hanna is almost equally cute. Luckily for Ben and Kathleen, although you can't necessarily be 'him,'  you can dress like him. Here's some boy clothing inspiration to make up for the exclusivity of the hairstyle post! I composed a listography SWAG checklist last night on the train home and included one point as "girls who wear slouchy guys' clothes." Not sure whether I want to share the entire list quite yet, but I'm thinking it over. On the other hand, I'm 100% certain on the fact that skinny ties are ultimate.

[70s swagger glasses via Vogue UK | Blue jean boiz gang | Skinny ties are so sweet via H&M mag | Balenciaga FW04- sheepskin aviator jacket | Loafers and a b-ball hat | Male models being goofy in black on black | Luella FW03 featuring boyish cuts and VANS | Totally trashed mens jeans are prime for skating | Jean on jean via Stop It Right Now]

No comments:

Post a Comment