Thursday, September 8, 2011

I love college

Reading Perfect From Now On, wherein John Sellers' accounts of his college experience in the eighties, has spurred my recent New Order kick. I've liked New Order since hearing Turn My Way in grade eight but there's a sense of nostalgia in their music that has brought me back to listening to them having just left for Uni. In his book, Sellers talks about how when he first moved into residences, he would judge which people he would want to talk to based on the music leaking through the walls. I think that's a brilliant way to judge whether talking to someone would be worth it: if I heard someone blasting this with an undertone of someone singing along, I would probably avoid said person in the hallway. If I heard Temptation or Ceremony drifting through a dorm door, I would do whatever it took to meet the owner of said quality music.

[Never Let Me Go was really good | Rushmore's Max Fischer has collegiate swagger | I wish someone would make me a New Order Cassette | 4, 5, & 7: Paul Smith fall 2011 is so fresh- the best fall layering ever | Art School Confidential is now the story of my life | 8 & 10: The Sure Thing has 80s collegiate fashion locked DOWN | Dr. Marten's perfect book/laptop satchel.]

No comments:

Post a Comment