Sunday, June 19, 2011

Young and...yeah

2 days and a weekend left of high school. Time to fit in as much reckless behaviour as possible.* Albert and Julian being drunk at the NME awards in 2002, Jamie T. runnin with believers, FM Belfast's exuberant video about running down the streets in our underwear, and teenage anarchists on Venice Beach. I highly recommend watching all of these videos (maybe not at the same time) before making any life decisions. I always ask myself "what would Jamie T. do?" whenever I'm in a pickle and it's proven to be an surprisingly prosperous philosophy.

I'm currently making my "I do then I don't" mix tape (tentative title) in honour of high school ending. One minute you just want to stop doing homework and be treated like less of a child, then you think of the responsibilities  that are going to be thrust upon you in becoming an adult and you wish it would all just hold out for a bit. I'll probably post the playlist when I'm done the cassette...digitizing a tape is kind of a contradiction, I know, but thinking logically is for later in life.

*Don't worry mom and dad, that Tequila Sunrise cautionary newsletter scared the bejeezus out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment