Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Summer of Love

Watched My Summer of Love (Pawel Pawlikowski) recently and really liked it. The clothes reminiscent of indian saris, pale blue skies, never-ending countrysides, "cathedral" forests dappled in sunlight, and the innumerable lush visual aspects to the movie make it a captivating portrait of a summer in England. My favorite shot was when the girls are lying in a field of heather and all you can see above this purple cloud of flowers is a few infequent puffs of cigarette smoke that float along in the summer wind.
Oh, what it's about? Right. My Summer of Love tells of the relationship that develops between two girls who have nothing to do during the summertime. I loved it not only for the aesthetic appeal, but also for the most perfect ending to a film ever. Watch it and get excited for summer!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment