Saturday, March 2, 2013

Norwegian Wood// PEACE- California Daze


I have just finished reading Nowegian Wood by Haruki Murakami ...it was the most beautiful book I've ever read. My heart got to feeling compressed and kind of sad having intently read the last few chapters consecutively today. This line from the book I wanted to record right away so I can remember it later:

You know how they've got these cookie assortments, and you like some but you don't like others? And you eat up all the ones you like, and the only ones left are the ones you don't like so much? I always think about that when something painful comes up. 'Now I just have to polish these off and everything will be O.K.' Life is a box of cookies.



A lot like Forrest Gump's "Life is like a box of chocolates..." analogy, but far more more interesting in my opinion.

On another note, listening to California Daze by PEACE, I noticed paralels between the song and the feelings of Norwegian Wood. The lyric "Were you born to live for born to die" reminds me of the reoccuring idea in the novel that "Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment