Thursday, March 14, 2013

Drugstore Cowboy// green tones

Yesterday, me and my sister watched Drugstore Cowboy- a Gus Van Sant movie I've been trying to track down for a while now. Matt Dillon was so impressive! I'd only ever seen him in There's Something About Mary in which he played the icky villain guy who beats up Jim Carey. But in Drugstore Cowboy, although crazy, violent, dope addict Bob isn't the most sympathetic character, Dillon manages to convince you to stay on board with his character until the end. He has this wistful look that many boys cast by Gus Van Sant posess- his gaze reminded me of Gabe Nevins' brown eyed stare in Paranoid Park.

On another note- still sticking to a Gus Van Sant theme- this week I came across a copy of a novel he wrote called "Pink" at She Said Boom used books on College St.. I had no idea that he'd written a full-length book- it looks like it's semi-autobiographical in that it's about the trials of filmmaking. It also has little doodles scattered throughout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment