Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thurston Moore type

[Clockwise from top: Dave Monks, Tom Vek, and Damian Kulash]

Thurston Moore is it. I could listen to him freestyle for days. In the intro for 1991: the Year Punk Broke, it really does feel like he could literally freestyle for days. Carrying around a toy tape and mic recorder with him wherever, he stages impromptu interviews with everyone- from Dave Grohl to the weinie roasting German man who is all knowing on the subject of "wersts." Let's just say, this guy is kind of a big deal. Not to mention he's on the top of my list of people who I would invite to my ultimate dream jam sess in my basement.
Being the observant person that I am, I couldn't help but notice that T. Moore has manifested a "type" in indie rock. Lanky physique and floppy brown hair + the ability to not take himself too seriously- see Dave Monks (Tokyo Police Club), Damian Kulash (Ok Go), and Tom Vek!

No comments:

Post a Comment