Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ceremony

I'll break them down no mercy shown, heaven knows it's got to be this time.

I love car trips..I love being the passenger. That's probably why I haven't gotten around to getting my drivers license yet. Listening to music and watching light and trees and cars flash by is the most relaxing thing for me. I feel like my brain becomes clearer and more in tune with everything that's going on in life. Perfect for when I just want things to stop for a few hours. Just slow down. Time to think, reminisce, zone out and a chance to really listen to music. Top song to listen to while the sun is setting: Ceremony played by either New Order (hopeful- for the car ride there) or Joy Division (wistful- for the trip back home).

Kim and Mark in the red car, Newton, Mass. 1978

Sun hits the road, Shandaken, N.Y. 1983

[Both photographs by Nan Goldin]

No comments:

Post a Comment