Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fashion!

I know it's crazy and unheard of, but I get inspired by runway when it is in its appropriate season. I do find that sometimes collections can translate into either season, like Chloe, which is just the same every season (yes, people notice Hannah McGibbon). Or Sonia Rykiel, which is constantly bringing out knitwear that works for either hot or cold. What with all this spring 2011 nonsense (I'm actually only partly serious, I can't wait to see Miu Miu), looking for applicable fall 2010 inspiration can be difficult with all this distraction.

Going to Europe made me reconsider my fashion beliefs- living out of a suitcase filled with only things that go together, make you feel good and are comfy was a realization that a good base wardrobe is vital. The shopping done during the trip was also a realization that I do not necessarily like the $500+ clothing from a certain brand or whatever, it's the ideas that I'm into. Finding ways to incorporate creative, "trendy" (hate that word, don't judge), interesting ideas from designers into a base wardrobe is basically the perfect plan.

Grey layers seen @ Marc Jacobs remind me of Courtney Love with the shoes and all. I like that it's all grey but still has texture and current shapes. | I think the whole slouchy thing has always been an inspiration for me. I'm actually kinda glad it's fall because now I can emulate Rag & Bone without getting heatstroke! | Proenza Schouler is sooo consistantly young and filled with fresh ideas. I'm happy about the new goth take on the babydoll dress. The whole casual with something dressy look is soo perfect here with a sweatshirt + skirt @ Dries Van Noten. Finally, my new favourite Paul & Joe (the boutique in London is really nice- it's a Parisian brand though...n e ways) has this prim dress that is a great interpretation of the "school uniform" thing going on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment