Sunday, July 4, 2010

Frye Boots: Harness vs. Engineer

There are two Frye boots that are seen everywhere now that are equally cool. For this post, I'm going to concentrate on the Harness boot (see below images) so as I can weigh my pros and cons before I make this life-altering shoe decision.

So, Harness... where do I start. I first saw the Harness boot in Rachel Getting Married on Anne Hathaway's character Kym. Recently sprung from rehab to go to her sister's wedding, Kym is a troubled character who obviously feels out of place in the situation. Further cementing her outsider status, Kym punches her mom out,  wraps cars around trees, and hooks up with men from her rehab support group, not to mention there's a cigarette constantly hanging off her lip. Am I allowed to say badass? This is definitely the image I get when I think of Harness boots. Haha not seriously to the "Rachel Getting Married" degree, but these boots would definitely help me achieve a more "rebellious teenager" image (to say the least).

From the picture below, it looks like Anne H. got to keep the Harness boots from the movie & along with a smoking addiction, has adapted them into her life. Other fashionable stars like Mary-Kate Olsen and Camilla Belle have also taken to the Harness boots: their flowing, diaphanous tops and boho accessories are given an edge by the rugged boots. The final Harness fan that I will mention is Rumi- curator to the blog Fashion Toast. If that doesn't prove their coolness, then nothing will.

**Stay tuned for ENGINEER BOOTS**

No comments:

Post a Comment