Saturday, October 17, 2009

Here They Come Just In Time

[Bubbles, Blossom, or Buttercup- who was your fave?]

 

What is more early 2000s that the Powerpuff Girls? I don't know about you guys, but as a seven year old, the PPGs were an obsession. Living in the States in this time period, the Powerpuff trend was kind of unavoidable. Pillows, backpacks, notebooks, tshirts...the list goes on and on. This craze rose from the dead the other day when I was chez Villiage de Valuer perusing the used Halloween costumes when I came across a Buttercup costume! The only catch is that it's a toddler's size, but the mask will fit anyone- even 'way to old to be into a children's tv show' heads like mine.

Speaking of which, I have been storing some information in my stuck-in-the-past brain from many years (or should I say seasons ago). The D&G spring 2007 show screams 80s punk with neon brights, pvc separates, and lots of stud real-estate. As a 12 year old, I was really into this, but critiques  slammed this collection calling it "80s tart" and when you search for the collection on Style.com, it's mysteriously missing. What this collection brought to mind for me, was not 80s tart, but my dear friends Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup! With colors of eyeshadow matching the hue of the ensemble, little black shoes, and graphic color blocks, this collection is an ideal source for inspiration for completing my costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment