Monday, October 12, 2009

fw '05: Barettes!

A few weekends ago, I went to an 80s themed birthday party. I was really inspired by the hair & makeup at Chloe fall 2009, (which is inspired by Brooke Shields.) A few hours were spent trying to achieve this swishy, soft curly hairstyle, but I could never get it to look like it did on the runway. I honestly did try, but the texture of my hair would not hold a curl, no matter how much hairspray I used. The moral of the story is...give up! :) Models backstage are worked on by 3 or more people at a time! Not to mention it only needs to stay in for the 30 seconds tops they walk down the runway.

That's why I love low maintenance hair doodads! Seen all over the place in fall 2005, they're a super cute way to make your 'do for the day interesting. On that note, I just wanted to say that I am a firm believer that if anything is super stylish, it will last through many seasons. I honestly don't care that this style is "so four years ago." No, no it's not. It's cute. That's it.

Lily Donaldson and Heather Marks wearing barettes

No comments:

Post a Comment