Thursday, April 16, 2009

Revitalize Your Wardrobe!- Refreshing!

     I love the feeling of wearing a new article of clothing- who doesn't? It's like I'm walking on a cloud and nothing could make me think my outfit doesn't rock. I adore the idea of re-inventing an article of clothing, without actually altering it of course (we all remember Marge Simpson's stint with that infamous Chanel suit). 

Tying, accessorizing, and contrasting with other garments can resuscitate a wardrobe staple. Still lost on inspiration? Try raiding your dad/brother's closet to find flannel shirts (off duty model chic), oversized blazers (think Balmain & Alexander Wang s/s 09), and boyfriend jeans (curren/elliot) to spruce up your look.

Adding a boxy blazer to an otherwise slim-fitting outfit adds a modern element.

Susan Cernek posing in Paris (Street Peeper)

MK grunging out in her flannel shirt.

Mary-Kate in tied flannel (Teen Vogue)

No comments:

Post a Comment