Monday, November 26, 2012

Allison Schulnik "Mound" + Scott Walker



Allison Schulnik's "Mound" video was shown during illustration class today. Right when it started I recognized the musical accompaniment to be Scott Walker. It's Raining Todaywas a song that I'd hear at home all the time as a kid. The song reminds me of the blue hour, cold nights before the new year, walking alone...it's a song that would make me feel scared and spooked out. I also seem to associate the mood of this song to Christmastime. 

It made me very excited that Allison Schulnik chose this song to make a video for. Her clay figures that are constantly morphing; growing collections of little holes and smears of rainbows, make for the perfect visual to the haunting sound of It's Raining Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment